Here’s a sampling of some of my recent work. And the full list for Bangor Daily News.
Electricity resellers cash in
- How electricity providers siphoned more than $20 million from Maine customers / Later: How Mainers spent $50 million they didn’t need to on electricity
- ‘Leading edge’ restrictions on electricity sellers become Maine law
The costs of buoying a troubled biomass industry
- LePage keeps backing energy firm seeking taxpayer help, despite failings after bailout
- Maine’s $13M bailout of biomass plants will mean jobs, but at a cost of $23,700 each
- Could biofuel save Maine’s timber industry?
- Latest redeveloper of shuttered Maine mill tied to manager of failed restart
- Maine’s biomass bailout bill isn’t helping loggers as much as it was supposed to
The geography of a tax hike
A dive into Maine’s net metering debate
- Homeowners with solar panels affect your power bill. Maine’s debating whether that’s fair
- Why money is the real power in Maine’s solar energy debate
- Can Maine thread the political needle on solar policy?